Tuesday 20 May 2014

Good-bye 2013/14 Ski Year

We have officially come to the end of the 2013/14 ski year here.  It was a long year with lots of great snow.  Looking back I can't believe how many times I got out considering we had the Kraken in tow every time.  But he was a trooper right to the end and allowed us to get some great turns in.  Our last day at Sunshine was a quiet day, so the lifty offered to let the wee one and Chris ride to the top and explore for a bit.  An adventure both loved.

I was super lucky to have had the opportunity to test out so many skis and many other items of ski gear.  The local reps and my local shop (the Ski Cellar) were great at making sure I got to test gear and gave me any opportunity they could to expose me to the latest and greatest gear.

So now I look to the summer and plot my off snow adventures.  There is a trip to Nova Scotia to see my family for sure.  Lots of biking and running.  I'm sure a few weekend trips closer to home, as well as many hiking outings.  All I know for sure is that I will be outside.  The Kraken wakes in the morning and asks to go out before he's even eaten breakfast.  But regardless of the adventures I promise to continue filling you in on the blog.  I'm sure the shift will be more to family and Kraken adventures, but stay tuned and I'll do my best to keep you entertained.  And I'll be sure to start next ski season with lots of tips, gear and fun adventure.  

Thanks for your support for this ski season and for checking out the blog.      

No comments:

Post a Comment