Sunday 19 January 2014

Conform-able boot liners make for comfortable feet

As mentioned before, I've had a great deal of problems finding a pair of ski boots to fit my tiny feet (still loving my Salomon X Max 110 W).  In the quest to get a pair of boots that fit well, I have tried many options, including a variety of liners.  One liner that I tried, and really enjoyed, was the Conform-able Custom Made for Me liner.


Here are some of the things I found wonderful about these liners. 

First off, they are fully heat mouldable.  What this means is that with heat, they reshape to fit your foot specifically.  The liners will shape to hold your heel well, accommodate width of foot, stretch to allow for a high instep, etc.  The liner will also shape to fit your boot shell as well.  So now you have a liner that is fitted to your foot and the shell, not just sitting within the shell.  All of this equals a more secure fit (no heel lifting, no foot shifting within the liner/boot) which in turn gives you more control in your turns.  What can be better than that?  

Remember that you can always add an insole to this liner – think Superfeet.  Just make sure that you insert it when you are heat fitting the liner.  This way the liner forms to allow for the insole and your foot giving a great fit.  

The other thing I loved about this liner was that there are laces along the tongue.  I found that by tying the liner, I gained an even better boot fit.  What worked best for me was to lace the boot across my foot – this really helped me to not move within the boot and feel like my heel was pocketed well.  I then skipped one of the lace holes at the bottom of the calf, allowing for my “shapely” active girl calf.  I finished the lacing by tying the liner tightly at the top to give a bit more fit to the whole setup.  In lacing the liner this way, I found that I had even better fit and turn control.  

Finally, I found this liner quiet warm.  So on top of being moulded to your foot, an added bonus was that the liner was warm.  As I've mentioned, having warm feet is super important to me (hello boot heaters).  And I enjoyed the warmth I felt with these liners.  Bonus...

I don't wear the Conform-able with my X Max,
I just wanted you to see what it looks like.
This is defiantly a liner I would recommend for a variety of reasons.  One, if you are having boot fit issues.  This is a great step in helping to make a boot fit better.  It can hold the foot in place and provide a secure feeling.  Two, if you are looking for a liner that is warmer than your current liner.  If you have a liner that you are finding to be cold, this liner might be your ticket.  Third, if you are skiing in an older boot, but don't want to spend the money on a new pair or you like your boots, you could give this liner a try to give new life to an old pair of boots.  Consider it, I found them great.    

No comments:

Post a Comment