Sunday 15 June 2014

Velco all the way, baby

Somehow time is flying by on this end and I missed posting last week.  Sorry for that.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been getting out running more and more all the time.  While the Garmin is great for keeping track of my run details, my runs would never happy without my stroller.  The one we grabbed, and I'm loving, is the my Velco Tri Mode EX stroller.  This stroller has a number of features that made it the one we selected all those months ago.

The first reason we selected it was that we knew it could take us from infancy to toddlerhood, to the possible addition of more kids.  To allow for infancy, the stroller seat back can lie flat so you can safely lay a tiny baby in there.  No, the baby doesn't face you, but there is a window in the cover that will allow you to see your baby.  There are two bassinet options (the Bassinet and the Husssh Bassinet) that you can buy that will allow the stroller to become more infant friendly, but we had no issues with the stroller the way it was - and the Kraken was a tiny guy when we started using it.  Because you can lie the baby flat, I was able to starting running with the boy at a young age.  Due to the lie flat position and the fact that he didn't have to support his head I was given the okay to run by our doctor early on, which was great for my fitness and mental happiness.

The stroller also has a wheel lock out option.  With the quick turn of a dial at the front of the stroller it goes from having a fully pivoting front wheel, to one that locks in place.  When locked in place the stroller is easier to control and makes running with it very easy.  I find that it keeps course well enough that more often than not I run with one hand pushing and guiding the stroller.

The stroller also comes with a large canopy.  This means that I can very easily keep the Kraken out of the sun on my runs at almost any time of the day.  There is a large under seat storage area that can fit a remarkable amount of stuff.  We walk to the store all the time and I can fit an impressive quantity of food in there.  There is also a pocket on the back of the stroller that it quiet large.  A great feature of this pocket is that it detaches.  And this serves two purposes.  One, you can quickly remove it to take valuables with with you.  The other feature is that there is mesh underneath the pocket.  So when you remove the pocket you create a vent that allows for a great cross-breeze to cool baby down on warm days.

Like any stroller the Tri Mode EX is rather heavy.  But I've not found it too bad.  Being allowed to run with him when he was younger and thus not as heavy, I've been able to build my strength slowly as the boy grows.  I didn't just all of a sudden have to start running with 20lb+ baby.

While I know many people run with a Chariot, I've been more than happy with my choice of the Velco and the many options that I has given.  From walking to running, to grocery shopping, this stroller has allowed me to do it all.  Take a look if you are in the market for a new stroller.  

No comments:

Post a Comment