Monday 13 January 2014

This ski “Lines" up

I recently had the chance to take the Line Soulmate 98 out for a day. And what a great day I had! Some details on the ski, before I go into all the things I loved about this ski. I skied the 158cm length, which has the dimensions of 132 tip, 98 underfoot and 123 tail. The ones I road had a demo binding on them, which means that the binding can be adjusted easily, but this also adds weight to the ski. Even with this binding I found the ski to be fairly light.

As always, I need to hit on the graphics. Again, another part of this ski that I loved. Very geometric, but with lots of great colours. This means you can have a good looking ensemble, without looking like Rainbow Brite.

So with those details out of the way, let me tell you what I loved about skiing the Soulmate. And that was pretty much everything. We had had a fair bit of snow a few days before we headed out, so there was lots of different snow to play in. I took these skis onto the more groomed runs, I didn't find any corduroy, but still found some well groomed areas. These skis were great in these areas. I had no problem getting them to carve some great turns. They were easy to turn, very responsive and I felt very in control. All great feelings. I would love to take these skis onto more groomed terrain to see everything I could do with them.

I also played a lot in the remains of the previous days snow. No real fresh to be found, but there were small pockets and lots of looser snow. I have to admit that I spent most of my day here. And these skis were wonderful! Again, they were super responsive and easy to turn. The light weight of these skis was evident in making quick turns in the bumps and chop. At one point I had to do some fancy skiing to avoid a huge rock. I was able to miss the rock while maintaining control of the ski, and this was defiantly related to the weight of the ski. The Soulmate cut through the snow really well and made skiing looser snow a lot of fun. I can't say enough good things about these skis in this terrain.


I would give this ski a strong recommendation to an intermediate to advanced skier that is looking for a good all mountain ski. I really enjoyed this ski and would be happy to ski it on a regular basis.   

No comments:

Post a Comment